TITLE: Yakimono Net Technique Series 1
Introduction to Ikomi Porcelain Slip-Casting
- Author Shigekazu Nagae
- Published by Coherence, 2005
- 148 x 210 mm
- Soft cover
- 112 pages(color)
- Language Japanese only
- Ikomi, or porcelain-slip casting, is often considered a technique used for the mass-production of ceramics. However, the Seto potter Nagae Shigekazu is a master of this technique, and uses it to its fullest potential,
creating highly artistic and aerodynamic silhouettes in his porcelain works that are truly one of a kind. Believing in the notion that "technique should be shared by everyone,"�h Nagae shares in this book the secrets to his originally developed technique, both in great depth and in clear and concise language. This book is a compilation of a monthly series featured at www.yakimono.net. A wonderful "how to" book on mastering the art of ikomi slip casting, a technique that allows for a precise and delicate aesthetic. In Japanese only, but a full English translation is slated for publication in late 2005, from Coherence Inc.
NEW BOOKS, VIDEOS, SUBSCRIPTIONS
VINTAGE BOOKS, COLLECTABLE BOOKS
- All prices include shipping and tax, so you always know exactly how much you are paying.
- We ship worldwide, and you can order from anywhere.
- All transactions take place on a secure server, so your private data is safe.
- We protect your privacy. We do not share your information with other parties.
- We accept Mastercard, Visa, and American Express.
- This site is part of a growing network of web sites devoted to Japanese ceramics. Click the Sister Sites button above to explore other sites in our network.
- Prices for rare & collectable books don't include shipping.
Shipping costs will include the cost of boxes, packaging and delivery.
Exact costs will be emailed to the customer upon inquiry.
- Shipment is via EMS (Japan Postal Express Mail Service). Price references can be found here.
- Supplies are very limited due to the rarity of these materials.
We ask for your understanding if the book is no longer available.
- If you are unsatified with your book, you may return it for a refund,
but we ask that the customer cover the return shipping fee.
- We will not exchange books due to the rarity of these publications.
- Rating Book Condition. Five Stars ���������� means the vintage book is in perfect condition.